Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Challenge Accepted

Welcome to the Good Eats Challenge!
One of my favorite cooking shows, Good Eats came to an end last year after an impressive fourteen season run. I really enjoy food and dabbled in cooking here and there, but I watched the show because the way food works really fascinates me.
So what do I do now? The show’s over
, I’ve seen most of the episodes, I’ve learned a lot, and I’ve always wanted to learn how to cook. That’s right, it’s time for me to apply that knowledge!
The show’s host, Alton Brown, went on to make three volumes of books, which cover all of the recipes from the show. They’re called “The Early Years,” “The Middle Years,” and “The Later Years.” This year I’m going to try to cook every recipe in “The Early Years” cookbook.
But this blog won’t show you how to make his recipes; you can buy the books and follow along if you’d like to learn how to cook them. This blog will cover my culinary journey as I find out how food is supposed to taste (without all of the preservatives and shortcuts).
Throughout the year, I will highlight my first impressions and more importantly, my mistakes! I’d like to share, so people can be informed about the pitfalls of cooking and that it’s OK to screw up. Hopefully, I can make cooking less intimidating and get more people to give cooking a try, just like the show!
So on to the learning. I’m a big fan of simple and accessible, so I promise, I’ll try to keep my posts as short as possible. With that lengthy intro out of the way, let’s begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment